With February traditionally full of hearts, love and romance, I thought I ‘d kick my blog off with a lovely wall decoration, that is easy to do. A quick and easy project to do with the kids, while hubby is on the golf course.
You will need:
Scrap booking printed pattern paper 6 x 6 inch
Glue or hot glue gun and glue sticks
Small tree branch
A5 Hardboard/ or chip board (the back of an old calendar)
How to make:
- Select 3 different prints of scrap booking paper
- Decide on the size of hearts you want to use and make a template on your hardboard, cut out
- Cut 1 heart from each paper
- Fold each hearts in half, patterned side facing.
- Apply glue to reverse right half of one of the hearts, then attach to left side reverse of another, ensuring the edges match up.
- Repeat the process with the third heart.
- Before sealing the last sides, take your desired length of string and tie a knot at the bottom.
- Placing the heart just above the knot, trap the string between the unglued edges of the heart, bringing it right up to the center crease.
- Glue the last reverse right side and seal.
- Repeat steps 3 – 9 along the string, leaving approximately 4 cm space between the hearts. For this project 12 hearts were made, 5 on the center string and 4 on the outer strings.
- Tie the heart strips from the top along the branch.
Your project is ready to hang
Hope you enjoy.